Sunday, November 2, 2008

About god and the after life

I'm an atheist and I just simply can't fathom the idea of an actual God..I'm not going to go through the whole discussion about why I don't believe in something I can't see, hear smell, feel, talk etc. But I'm simply going to say that: If there was a god, why the fuck so many people are suffering in the world today? Is he unable to help? or unwilling?

Today I was thinking about where do we all go when we die. The theory that we all are souls that either go to heaven or hell is unproven, and as humans we always try to create an explanation for everything. Since the ancient times of the Egyptians, men have always create stories of where we go when we perish. But why are all these stories so inconsistent when hundred of years passes? Lets imagine a 1000 years from now when I'm dead, you're dead and everyone you know is dead. Won't future historians or populace think that our religions today are a whole load of ****? On my end, I do think that ancient Roman, Greece and Egyptian religions are outdated and nonsensical, so why not ours?

What makes us so great to believe that what we believe is real? Why do we have to believe something which some old men try to feed us? Can't we be independent in our own thinking?

I pity those who are still trapped in the confines that some prophet will save their asses when the shit hits the fan. True salvation doesn't lie in believing in something which was already dead a thousand years ago, but in believing in yourself. What is salvation to you? peace of mind? peace for your soul? A place for you to rest? Believing in something or someone doesn't give you that, but believing in your own inner happiness is more important..

No comments: